Monday, September 22, 2014

The Ride

Just a little thing I thought up today. Let me know  what you think! Thanks!! :-)



The Ride

I think that I think
more than most people normally do.
My thoughts cycle through my brain
as if they were written on flaps of paper
taped to the spokes of a bike,
like I used to do with play cards
as a young kid,
except now I’m on an unending bike ride.

Occasionally I get to take a break
from this ride and shackle
up my bike for a bit.

I take a seat in a local coffee shop,
put on my headphones,
slowly sip straight coffee, and watch
all the people inside and outside
and wonder what kind of thoughts
are taped to their bicycles.

-------

1 comment:

  1. I remember that little flap of paper -- almost like I wanted to grow up and spread my presence with that sound around.. I can just imagine what I would write on that piece of paper.

    ReplyDelete