Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Set List Poems

 I call these 'Set List Poems.' I take a band's song catalog and use their song titles to create a sort-of found poem. The title of each poem is the band that each poem is derived from. (I did have to sprinkle a few words in just a few places to make them make any sort of sense.)


The Briggs

 

Control Alt-Right

delete.

I’m back to higher ground.

 

Third World War,

gridlocked,

on the Devil’s Playground

until someone gets hurt,

broken bones.

 

It’s harder to stand.

Panic!

 

What was I thinking?

It’s not all on me.

Keep us alive,

believe.

 

It won’t take long

as we charge

into the sun.


---


Ducky Boys

 

The ballad of the forgotten,

you sing the chorus

‘til the wheel fall off.

 

Another day

of me against the world.

I guess I’m broken,

but you can’t break me.

 

Bombs away,

celebrate,

disappear.

 

I was intoxicated.

Wait, I lied,

I’m feeling alive.


-----




No comments:

Post a Comment