Sunday, November 10, 2013

A Poem a Day for November - Day 10: My Brain Has a Fucked Up Mind


My Brain Has a Fucked Up Sense of Humor

My brain likes to play tricks,
usually in the middle of the night
when I’m laying in bed,
snuggled deep under blankets,
comforter tucked under my chin.
I hear wooden floors creak,
water running through pipes,
door opening,
people whispering.
I open my eyes
and see nothing.
Then something moves
over by the wall.
I gasp, then hold my breath,
stare at the wall,
but see nothing out of the ordinary.
I tell myself
that it’s just the house
conspiring with my brain
to have a little fun.
I stick my tongue out
to claim my defiance,
turn on some old school Dropkick Murphys
to make peace with my brain.


-----

1 comment:

  1. Hiya,

    This is my favourite here today... I'm off now to listen to some Dropkick Murphys -perhaps they are the answer to everything, after all...

    All the very best to you today, Katie - With Love & Light from Scott x www.scotthastie.com

    ReplyDelete