Wednesday, November 6, 2013

A Poem a Day for November - Day 6: Smart Brain

Song line is from "Burn" off of the album Signed and Sealed in Blood by Dropkick Murphys.


Smart Brain

Randomly in the middle
of the day, I stop typing
and use my hands instead
to tap out a beat on my desk.
I silently (okay, not so much) sing
There’s a fire in the sky and your face is aglow!
I look around and smirk to myself.

Last night that album
played from my iPhone
right next to my ear.
I fell asleep
before that song came on.

I smile at the late
night memory,
happy that my brain
recognizes good music
even when I’m unconscious.


-------

4 comments:

  1. Very nice! who knows the power of the unconscious mind? It can be calculating like a calculator or just fun like a carousel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Becoming quite a fan of these - hope you continue throughout the month - November is known to create monsters - your pal, Modpop

    ReplyDelete
  3. You poem is fun and clever (of course it came from a smart brain). I love the story you tell in a few lines.

    ReplyDelete
  4. had a laugh at (okay, not so much) ~

    ReplyDelete