Saturday, November 30, 2013

A Poem a Day For November - Day 30: Too Calm

Eek!! I made it all the way through the month!!

Too Calm

I love holidays,
time spent with
friends and family without
the pressure of having to
be home at a certain hour.

But sometimes the holidays
can create too much
peace, quiet, and calm.

On the lake an occasional
fisherman zips by, but
the roar of his boat's motor
isn't even enough to scare
the birds flying
from tree to tree.

Give me the hospital's
helicopters flying over
my house, drowning 
out all other noises
and jolting me back
into the present.

Calm energy can become
a weight if it takes over.
It bares down making
me not see all the secrets
in the space surrounding me
and gives me nothing
to write about.

There's a spark
in fast-paced energy that
makes me want to explore,
play with objects and with words,
and lay everything out, 
to show the world my world.

1 comment:

  1. Calm and peace are very prized possessions and are sometimes hard to get.

    ReplyDelete